What drivers/patches are necessary for the razer tensorbook?

Hello, I switched to another distro (NixOS) and I’m having some issues with sound. Desktop audio playback works, and so does the input/output when I plug in headphones, but the mic and output for things like OBS, Slack and Discord do not work. The options to select the mic and output are present but they don’t seem to be picking anything up. Screen sharing also just shows a black screen with the cursor in the middle.

What are the drivers needed for the razer tensorbook as described by Where can I download recovery images? | Lambda Docs in the recovery image page?

Current drivers are:

$ inxi -A                                                                        [22:47:24]
Audio:     Device-1: HDA NVidia driver: HDA-Intel 
           Device-2: sof-hda-dsp driver: sof-hda-dsp 
           Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k6.1.62 running: yes 
           Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.80 running: yes 

Adding the full pulse audio package fixed the output when using apps like discord or slack via the browser.
For the mic I’ve found this, which looks to patch the mapping for the mic [BUG] microphone detected but not working on 2022 Razer Blade 15 · Issue #5989 · thesofproject/sof · GitHub but since I’m using NixOS, I’m not yet sure how to include the file correctly. Will likely have to use an overlay. If there is an already patched version of sof that the Lambda team was using, it would be helpful. Just posting my findings as they come, help is welcomed :slightly_smiling_face:

OK. Mic input is working, and chat outputs are also working. This is on discord/slack via Brave browser so should work on at least chromium based browsers.

My current config can be found here and the parts that fixed it are:

# mic input
  boot.extraModprobeConfig = ''
    options snd-sof-pci tplg_filename=sof-hda-generic-2ch-pdm1.tplg
  '';
# audio output from chat
hardware.pulseaudio.package = pkgs.pulseaudioFull;

I also enabled prime offloading and switch to the performance Nvidia driver, but that didn’t seem to be related necessarily.

Only thing that isn’t working now is screen sharing.

Looks like audio output works fine without changing the pulseaudio package. I’ve removed it and am using pipewire with pulse enabled instead. Still no screenshare.

SOLUTION!

It’s been a while since I replied here. I have a fully functioning NixOS configuration now, which anyone can use to reproducibly build a fully Wayland experience on their Razer tensorbook. It’s still a work in progress to get it sitting how I’d like, but it’s a good place to start if you want more control over the laptop than the out of box Ubuntu it comes with. Cheers! (I had to separate the link with whitespace since the maintainers are blocking links to github for whatever reason??)

As a first time customer, I was very excited, and I will say I’m extremely disappointed with the Lambda technical teams lack of response. Not once have I been able to get in touch with anyone to get help with answering any of my questions. The only person to reply to me was one of the sales reps, and unfortunately he is non-technical and was only able to redirect me here.

@Karun @jeremy please see my above comments, also why are my comments that contain links all of a sudden being flagged?? It says I was advertising something which I was clearly not. I was asking for help.

@eureka
I am not a LambdaLab person.
I noticed that your github link above is not valid as it has space and hence it is starting to land at b.com/eureka
Good luck.

Ah, sorry I thought maybe you were. I had to put the link like that because it wasn’t letting me post links. The automated system was making my comments as spam.