Accessing Lambda Stack on Tensor Book

Hi Everyone,

I’ve just received my tensor book and was curious, how do I access Lambda Stack, where do I find the code?

Thanks!
Emily

1 Like

New user here just like you, got my tensor book last week.

I’ve been using Nvidia Jetson systems with ubuntu 18.04 so I had some familiarity with ubuntu and a number of apps (VSCode, Python 3, Julia,etc)

Initially I was a little puzzled about where this “lambda stack thing is”
I came to see it was just a set of consistent installs of many drivers, CUDA versions, and other package that were just “there”.

The code is in the github though.

To see what you have, open a terminal and type the following:
sudo apt-cache depends lambda-stack-cuda

You’ll see a list of things that you can just start using

Example:
~$ python3 -c “import torch; print(torch.cuda.device_count())”

will detect your GPU count and print it (1 most likely).
if it works then python3 and torch are installed Ok and working.

However, the following does not work (yet)
~$ sudo docker run --gpus 2 lambda-stack:20.04 python3 -c “import torch; print(torch.cuda.device_count())”

Gives the error:
Unable to find image ‘lambda-stack:20.04’ locally

docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for lambda-stack, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

Implying something about the docker setup in the lambda stack.

So that’s what I’m researching

I have Visual Studio Code installed and running but i suspect that somewhere along the way there will be a clash due to its not having been part of the “lambda stack”

That’ s OK, trying and failing until it works is a great learning experience if you can develop the tolerance for it. :slight_smile:

I think it will be OK to add your experiences as you go along.

That’s what I’ll be doing until somebody stops me for cluttering up their forum.