Lambda stack for new Ubuntu 21.04 (hirsute hippo)

Hi everyone,

I’m a happy user of the Lambda stack on the current supported Ubuntu version 20.04 LTS.

I was wondering if there is any way or near future planning to add support (simple installation of Lambda stack) to the new Ubuntu Hursite Hippo release/channel?

There is no better feeling than pasting some commands into Terminal and see how everything gets installed automatically :wink:

Why I’m asking? I have Razer Balde 15, 2021 Advance model and Wifi, Bluetooth, and some other stuff is constantly crashing on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS duo to unsupported Ubuntu kernel version for my machine. These issues are now fixed on Ubuntu 21.04 version, but I need to install also my ML tools, which is super easy with the Lambda stack.

Looking forward to getting some info.

Kind regards

Saso Pavlic

I’m just a user but i’m going to chime in.

This challenge lives at the heart of the concept of the lambda stack.

We would benefit from a deterministic list of instruction of how to build a system, say tensorbook from scratch to serve as the basis for tests and experiments we can recover from without endless trials and errors.

Path 1 - save the entire existing current working system in a way that can flatten and start over no matter what happens.

Path 2 - the instructions to start from bare metal and build a system with no preexsitng saves up to the point a lambda stack can be downloaded and installed

Path 3 - procedures for updating and upgrading (OS, python, etc) that are guaranteed to preserve the existing stack

Tools could include Containers, Virtual machines, environments, etc.

Just thinking out loud.