Python: Accessing installed Lambda stack modules

Hi!

Was so relieved to find the one-liner install for Ubuntu Bionic desktop (6 core with RTX2070).

Install without issues (a miracle in itself), so relieved to avoid the difficulties normally encountered when setting up a DL machine. In terminal I did it with one of my venv’s activated.

Bootup - cool Lambda logo. Login my user. Terminal. nvidia-smi works. But in none of my virtual environments (also the one I used when installing) using python can I find EG tensorflow (ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘tensorflow’).

I’m sure it and other modules are here - somewhere. Just some silly thing I’m overlooking. But what?

A pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

@gargoyle

1 Like

Found out myself, let this be as others might find it useful.

Created a new user after installing the Lambda stack. Then all modules etc work. Great!

I then installed Anaconda - and tensorflow etc were no longer available. Lesson:

CAN’T INSTALL ANACONDA OVER LAMBDA STACK!

No great issue, but this could be good to remedy or warn about in future versions of Lambda Stack.

2 Likes

How can I get Anaconda setup to work with Lambda Stack? I already have Lambda Stack (its new to me). I want to get back to my ordinary workflow of working from inside conda environments. Thanks!

2 Likes