How are you resetting the timezone? Assuming you’re using a systemd OS, you can change the timezone with the
timedatectl command. You’ll have to find your specific timezone first. For example, I’m CST which equates to America/Chicago, which can be found by the following:
timedatectl list-timezones | grep Chicago
Then, to set the timezone:
timedatectl set-timezone America/Chicago
If this doesn’t work, I’m not sure if a CMOS reset will work but here is how:
- Unplug the machine from the charging cable
- Follow this guide to remove the bottom tray
- Remove the battery.
- Press the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- reinstall the battery.
- place the bottom tray back on with the screws.
- Plugin the charging cable and boot again.
Hopefully this helps and should you require more assistance with this, I’d highly recommend opening a ticket with us by emailing email@example.com
Linux Support Engineer