This guide will take you through how to reset your motherboard’s settings to their factory defaults.
- Turn off the machine and unplug it. We’re going to be opening the case!
- Remove the left, windowed panel from the machine’s case. It’s attached with screws, so you may need a screwdriver.
- Pop-out motherboard battery and hold computer’s power button for 30 seconds
The battery is circled in pink:
- Reattach panel that you removed, plug in machine, and turn it on.
- An American Megatrends screen will eventually display, hit F1 on this screen to enter BIOS.
- Disable secure boot.
- You’re all set!